The major objectives of i-STED project are the following :
- Commercialization of proven grassroots innovations by establishing rural enterprises.
- Linking grassroots innovators and rural entrepreneurs for commercialization of grassroots innovators with proper benefit sharing mechanism
- Mentoring, guidance, training and technical support to grassroots innovators and rural entrepreneurs to commercialize grassroots innovations.
- Catering location specific needs, drudgery reduction and livelihood generation through the introduction of appropriate grassroots innovation.
- Sensitizing the prospects and potential of grassroots innovation among the various stakeholders for facilitating diffusion and enterprise development.
- Identifying rural entrepreneurs from remote high risk villages of Kerala
- Mentoring and hand-holding support for rural entrepreneurs for establishing and managing enterprises.
- Establishment of demonstration units.
- Detailed market study and developing business plan for converting grassroots innovations into enterprises.
- Establishing networks with various stakeholders
- Popularization of innovations among various stakeholders
- Establishing market linkages & networks
Grassroots / Farmers’ innovations selected for enterprise development